Controlled Substance Trafficking Defense Attorney in Aurora
What To Do if You Are Charged with Controlled Substance Trafficking
If you or a loved one has been charged with controlled substance trafficking in Aurora or the nearby areas, it is absolutely essential that you enlist the assistance of a skilled criminal defense attorney who can help you understand your options. Controlled substance trafficking is one of the most serious types of drug-related felonies one can commit. Penalties upon conviction are typically twice the minimum sentences for unlawful delivery of a controlled substance.
At The Law Offices of David Lee, our skilled Aurora criminal defense lawyers have more than 20 years of combined experience in heavy litigation. We’ve helped numerous individuals with an array of drug crimes, including controlled substance trafficking charges. After an arrest, you are likely feeling unsure of how to proceed. We have successfully handled cases just like yours and know the ins and outs of the legal system.
Need a criminal defense attorney in Aurora or nearby? Contact our firm at (630) 901-8700 to schedule a consultation.
What are the Penalties for Controlled Substance Trafficking in Illinois?
Individual charges for trafficking of controlled substances will revolve around various factors, including how the controlled substance was brought into the state for purposes of manufacture or delivery. If an individual is accused of using a cell phone or other electronic communications device to facilitate trafficking, he or she can be charged with a class 2 felony. Penalties for the trafficking of controlled substances usually depend on various factor, including the type and amount/weight of the drug being trafficked.
Penalties for the trafficking of heroin, cocaine, morphine, or LSD can include:
- Between 1 – 14 grams: class 1 felony, punishable by up to a $250,000.00 fine and/or 4 – 15 years in the Illinois Department of Corrections.
- Between 15 and 99 grams: class X felony, punishable by up to a $500,000.00 fine and/or 6 – 30 years in the Illinois Department of Corrections.
- Between 100 and 399 grams: class X felony, punishable by up to a $500,000.00 fine and/or 9 – 40 years in the Illinois Department of Corrections.
- Between 400 and 899 grams: class X felony, punishable by up to a $500,000.00 fine and/or 12 – 50 years in the Illinois Department of Corrections.
- More than 900 grams: class X felony, punishable by up to a $500,000.00 fine and/or 12 – 50 years in the Illinois Department of Corrections.
Defending Your Future & Your Freedom
Being convicted of a controlled substance trafficking charge can threaten your current freedom and your future. Conviction records are public, meaning you will likely suffer lasting repercussions if you are convicted of this serious felony. In addition to a prison sentence and hefty fines, you may have trouble securing future employment, housing, and more.
The Aurora criminal defense lawyers at The Law Offices of David Lee are prepared to aggressively advocate for your rights throughout the entire legal process. We can provide you with sound legal guidance, answers to your questions, and skilled representation. We’re ready to put our vast litigation experience to work for you, building a strong defense on your behalf. We understand how valuable your freedom is, and we will work tirelessly to help you on a path towards a better future.
If you need a criminal defense attorney in Aurora, call The Law Offices of David Lee today at (630) 901-8700. Same day appointments available.