Aurora Criminal Defense Lawyer
We Can Handle Your Legal Problem
At The Law Offices of David Lee, we understand that being a defendant in a criminal case can be an emotionally draining and intimidating experience. Whether you are charged with a DUI, felony, or misdemeanor, the threat of incarceration can be very overwhelming.
In addition, there are many criminal offenses that may cause you to lose your employment or will preclude you from seeking other employment opportunities in the future. Don't let your criminal charges have an adverse effect on the rest of your life. All criminal offenses are serious because they directly affect your criminal history. In order to preserve your future, you must protect your criminal history!
Contact our Aurora criminal defense lawyer online or call (630) 901-8700 for legal counsel.
Illinois laws governing DUI, felony, and misdemeanor offenses can be very confusing and difficult to understand. This is why you need an experienced criminal defense attorney who can help you navigate through the perils of the criminal justice system. With Aurora Criminal Defense Attorney David Lee and our team of legal professionals, you can rest assured that we are all fighting hard to give you the best possible results.
Criminal Felony & Misdemeanor Penalties in Illinois
When you are charged with a criminal offense, the criminal complaint will have a classification which will dictate what are your minimum and maximum penalties.
Here is a listing of all classification of crimes in Illinois:
- Class X Felony: 6 to 30 years in the Illinois Department of Corrections and a maximum fine of $25,000.00.
- Class 1 Felony: 4 to 15 years in the Illinois Department of Corrections and a maximum fine of $25,000.00.
- Class 2 Felony: 3 to 7 years in the Illinois Department of Corrections and a maximum fine of $25,000.00.
- Class 3 Felony: 2 to 5 years in the Illinois Department of Corrections and a maximum fine of $25,000.00.
- Class 4 Felony: 1 to 3 years in the Illinois Department of Corrections and a maximum fine of $25,000.00.
- Class A Misdemeanor: Up to one year in the County Jail and a maximum fine of $2,500.00.
- Class B Misdemeanor: Up to six months in the County Jail and a maximum fine of $1,500.00.
- Class C Misdemeanor: Up to 30 days in the County Jail and a maximum fine of $1,500.00.
- Petty Offense: Usually, fines of up to $1,000.00
In addition to the minimum and maximum penalties for each criminal classification, there are numerous other penalties a judge may order as part of your sentence, if you are found guilty.
- Conditional discharge
- Public service
- Fines and cost
- Alcohol counseling
- Drug counseling
- Anger management counseling
- Electronic home monitoring
- GPS (Global Position System) bracelet
- SCRAM (Secure Continuous Remote Alcohol Monitor) bracelet.
Aggressive & Experienced Criminal Defense Attorney
As a former state prosecutor, attorney Lee has litigation experience with hundreds of trials and hearings. You have an absolute right to a trial in your case and it is solely up to you, if you choose to exercise this right. As your criminal attorney, he will use his legal knowledge and trial experience to provide you with the best possible outcome in your criminal case.
He has nearly ten years of experience on both "sides" of the criminal justice system. He has a unique understanding of the criminal justice system, and we will formulate a plan to "attack" your criminal charges. He understands the tactics and strategies of the state prosecutor, and he will provide you with insight and use his knowledge to your advantage.
Contact an Aggressive Criminal Defense Attorney Today
State prosecutors are licensed professionals and they are seeking to convict you of your criminal offense. In order to level the "playing field" you need an experienced criminal defense attorney who will stand by your side and defend your rights against the state prosecutors of the criminal justice system. We offer same day appointments to discuss your case and we will answer ALL of your questions and concerns!
If you have been charged with a criminal offense, please contact our office at:
The Law Offices of David Lee is available in Kane, Kendall, Dupage, and Dekalb Counties